Friday, April 27, 2012

One More While We're At It

I hijacked this from my pal MDP's FB status...

I am overwhelmed by the the generosity of my friends -- THANK YOU to everyone who has donated so far and for all the kind words and encouragement! It means so much to me...

This September I will be walking in the MS Walk: Cape Cod Challenge Walk 2012 for hope that we can win this fight against MS! I will be walking 50 miles over 3 days. I chose to walk for those who sometimes can’t. The funds raised from the MS Challenge Walk will not only support research to help create a world free of Multiple Sclerosis, but also provide programs which address the needs of hundreds of thousands of people living with MS right now. I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in March 2006. I just passed my 6 year anniversary and I am fortunate that my diagnosis has been mostly positive and I am living a happy and healthy life with MS. There are many others, however, who are not as fortunate and struggle with their daily lives because of this disease. The progress, severity, and specific symptoms of MS are unpredictable and vary from one person to another. Today, new treatments and advances in research are giving new hope to the 400,000 Americans and 2.5 million people worldwide who are affected by this disease. The definite cause of MS is unknown and there is no cure.

I am humbly asking for a donation to help this cause that is so close to my heart. Any amount, great or small, helps to make a difference in the lives of people with MS. You can make a donation online - just click on my personal webpage listed below.

If you would like any information on doing this walk with me, please feel free to email me! I appreciate all your love and support and thank you from the bottom of my heart!!



Go to here to check it out:  http://main.nationalmssociety.org

No comments: