Saturday, July 13, 2013

Quick Thoughts While Tilly Naps, Greta’s at a Party, and Gus Tosses Books Around the Living Room


In Tilly’s Star Wars lingo, “Upffffffffffffff” is when she wants you to pick her up when you’re standing, while “Upeeeeeeeeeees” is when she wants you to pick her up out of her high chair.  You need to know these things…

The first non-children’s song that Gus sings along to is Ryan Macklemore’s “Same Love.”  He likes to chime in on the “to” part with great enthusiasm during the lyric that goes “Even if I tried, even if I wanted to…”  His lips stick out in an exaggerated way and he looks really cute.  As Shosh would say, “Hilar.”…

Greta is a happy hummer when she’s absorbed in a project like coloring or puzzles.  You can’t help but smile when you hear her.  Her hums kind of have like a feng shui effect on me.  I think I should record her some time so I can play it as background music at work…

I know everyone is probably worried sick, but my right quadriceps injury is feeling much better thank you.  Not sure if it’s an IT-band issue or the quad itself.  It only hurts now when I squat down.  Moments like the quad make me realize how miraculous it is for any professional athlete to be playing sports after they turn 35.  I’ve managed to complain about the quad every day for at least the last two weks so I’m gonna memorialize it here in the blog for posterity’s sake.  I can’t imagine what I’m going to be like when I’m 80…

Matilda Carol Teravainen a/k/a Tilly a/k/a Tills a/k/a The Mountain Goat…

In addition to discovering the joy of peeing on the potty, Gus has discovered the joy of pulling out his junk from beneath his diaper and displaying his Texas Belt Buckle.  Although I’m happy that he’s becoming acquainted with his equipment, I’m still at a loss for words when attempting to explain how that’s not exactly what is meant by hanging out…

Greta DOES NOT like when people clap or cheer for her.  Moving on…

I do not like touching any of the following: wet sponges, cotton balls, and juniper branches…

Gus is graduating from Early Intervention in 10 days!!!!!!!  This is probably worthy of a single blog unto itself but I wanted to make the announcement nonetheless…

Gotta go, Tilly's waking up.

No comments: